Today we wish to share a truly remarkable post with you. It’s about how some super-duper rich entrepreneurs created their fortune using their spare time.
The key phrase is SPARE TIME.
This is the international version. Our very own, Papua New Guinea list of wealthy that created wealth in their spare time will soon be published here so don’t you go away. Exciting hey?
The reason why we wanted to do this blog post is that many Papua New Guineans just waste their time without realizing they do.
If you think we are making this up, please take a walk down the street and see so many of them just sitting, chewing buai (betelnut) and chatting away as if no-one cares.
We aren’t trying to say that’s not a good thing to spend time with friends and family as PNG is a Melanesian country. What we are trying to say is that too much of wasting time can be potentially toxic, deterring you from achieving your future dreams.
On a serious note, this habit of unnecessary wasting of time needs to be changed in PNG. We waste a lot of time which could have been utilized to better our individual lives.
At the end of the day, most people end up blaming the government of the day for not delivering the much needed changes. This is crazy folks. The government, the church nor your parents hold the key to your future. It’s you who hold the key to your life and future.
Unless you act now and stop wasting precious times of your DAYS, you will end up just like everybody else who can complain to the best of their ability but will never do anything and amount to nothing. Oh and seriously with nothing better to contribute to the society.
No! You shouldn’t be one of the statistics. You are meant for greater things so stop wasting time and take control of your life. You will be amazed how much you can achieve in a day, if you cut down unnecessary time wastes during the day.
“You’ll only be as rich as how you spend your spare time”
List of the rich who created wealth using their spare time
- Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook in his spare time while in his dormitory at Harvard University.
- Bill Gates and his founding partner, Paul Allen, began the Microsoft project in their spare time.
- Sir Richard Branson of Virgin began creating wealth from his child hood at age 16 when he left high school to publish a student magazine he created in his spare time.
- Google was a pet project which Larry Page and Sergey Brin started in their spare time.
- Warren Buffet began creating wealth in his spare time by selling packs of chewing gum at a tender age of six. From each pack he sold, he made two cents profit.
The simple question of ‘how did these people become extremely successful?’ is answered with another question; “how do you use your spare time?”
Photo credits: All pictures used are credited to Google.picts